Friday, October 12, 2012

Belated Birthday Post

Hello there!

It's been a while since I posted, but I'm back! And I'm back with some lovely pictures!

It was my birthday on September 24th - I'm 24 years old now! Yay! It was a little sad because I'm away from my family and friends so I didn't really do anything. But Katherine, the Assistant House Steward that I live with here at Greenway in England took me out for dinner (which ended up being take away 'cause the restaraunt was closed) and we watched a movie back at the house. It was a nice relaxing time. I also spent the morning doing conservation at a castle so that was pretty damn cool.

Instead of a cake this year we made cupcakes. And not just any cupcakes. Cookie Monster Cupcakes!


This is what they were supposed to look like


Cupcakes fresh out the oven and beginning to make the frosting


The add-ons!


The first Cookie Monster!!


Army of Cookie Monster cupcakes!
 Wow these cupcakes were soooo sugary! I think that if I were to make them again I would try a different style of frosting. This was just water, blue food dye and icing sugar. Looots of icing sugar...

Even though we didn't do much for my actual birthday, the two days before I went to the Looe Music Festival in Looe, Cornwall. And of course, it rained the whole time.





But I was able to take some time out of my busy schedule to act as magistrate in a medieval jail. You'll notice the Cookie Monster shirt... it was a themed weekend.




Waiting for the concert to start on the beach was a very wet affair.


The Tall Man. My mortal enemy. He tricked me into taking my spot at the concert by saying "Excuse me" and acting like he was trying to move through the crowd. I got him back by rubbing my wet pants all over him. I dried off quite nicely. He couldn't really do anything about it because we were packed in so tight. I was dancing. It's not my fault he was standing to close to me. Suck it!


Ah yes...sunny Cornwall...


No comments:

Post a Comment